School is out for the summer and that means I am off work for eight weeks. My little one is also off school for summer, which means I’ll be spending the bulk of each day away on day trips, though I plan to squeeze in some writing time here and there. Here are my (vague) literary plans for July and August:
1. The Blue Man will be released on 29th July, so I’ll be busy with lots of promotion for it, starting with ARC reviews, which are currently ongoing.
2. Chipping away at horror novel WIP#5 which is kind of, sort of, almost done…if you squint and look at it through sunglasses. (Yep, I’m being silly.)
3. I’m planning to release the full collection of one of my published poetry pamphlets later in the autumn. But which one? (Twiddles fingers, willing brain to work, but it won’t…not enough caffeine).
4. Reading the Bindweed submission pile of poetry and stories submitted from every corner of the globe. (Wait, it’s a sphere, there are no corners…) Submissions are open for our Winter Wonderland 2022: Bindweed Anthology. There’s no theme, but I’m hoping for more genre fiction – would love to see some more horror or speculative fiction sent our way!
5. Read, read, read! And review. I’m doing a Goodreads challenge on both my author and reader accounts. I’m at 8/20 on my Leilanie Stewart account and 16/20 on my Indie reader account.
And that’s it. Ta ta for now, as I’m off to ride a Ferris wheel.