This has been a crazy week. Two weeks ago, part of our livingroom ceiling collapsed. We’ve had builders and plasterers in over the past few days, which has made working from home more cramped, though I’m grateful for the much-needed repairs.
I’ve been trying to stick to a schedule for my full time job while working remotely, and my writing on lunch breaks and early evening time, before picking up the babe from childcare. Lots of literary things have been going on. On Wednesday I got the proof copy of my forthcoming poetry book, The Redundancy of Tautology, from the publisher, Cyberwit. Pleased to report that I only noticed one typo and my super editor hubby, Joseph Robert, spotted one more. The manuscript is now going to print – yay! More about this in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, it’s business as usual on my lunch break as I tackle the current round of edits I’m doing on my hopefully soon to be published second novel, which is under consideration by a US publisher. If you’ve read my earlier posts on this novel, you’ll know that I received detailed feedback on suggested revisions to make before another read-through by the editor. Exciting stuff, but also busy work!