It is one year since I started writing draft 1 of my supernatural horror (novel WIP # 4). Last November was when I decided to expand the short story version of this work in progress into a novel length project. Amidst all the intensity of the last two and a half weeks since publication of The Buddha’s Bone, I had completely forgotten that fact – until now. I am up to 75k words, hurray!
I am nearing the end of this draft, but in order to write the epilogue I’m back to reading the entire draft from the start, just to get the continuity straight. It’s tough going. I’m in the thick of it so much at the moment that I may even need to take a short break over the coming weeks.
But for now, ploughing on. My goal is to get draft 1 finished by the end of this year, ready to go to my editor, followed by copy editor, then beta readers and so on. Fingers crossed.
Rest assured you shall be hearing more on this topic very soon…